[SciPy-dev] documenting objects in stats.distributions

Christopher Burns cburns at berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 16 06:03:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ummm, what do you mean "objects, not classes"?  Instances of classes?

objects:
In [21]: stats.distributions.alpha
Out[21]: <scipy.stats.distributions.alpha_gen object at 0x295ac50>

As opposed to classes:
In [27]: stats.distributions.rv_continuous
Out[27]: <class 'scipy.stats.distributions.rv_continuous'>

Sorry, I'll refer to them as instances, we were working in ipython and
I just used the terms that were infront of me.

> I trust that, though it might not have been the answer you were hoping
> for, Ralf's reply answered your question, yes?
(see other post)

Chris