[SciPy-dev] Please help!

Niall Moran niall.moran at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 08:59:43 EDT 2009

Hi I have tried rebuilding the latest versions of numpy and scipy and
the sparse complex eigen solver is now working perfeclty. I am not
sure if this is due to a fix someone applied (looked through svn
briefly but did not see anything that looked relevant) or some changes
I made to the packages installed possible the atlas ones.
The versions I built were

numpy.__version__
'1.4.0.dev7308'

 scipy.__version__
'0.8.0.dev5909'

I removed the atlas-sse2 blas and lapack library packages just leaving
the generic ones.
apt-show-versions | grep atlas
libatlas-base-dev/jaunty uptodate 3.6.0-22ubuntu2
libatlas-headers/jaunty uptodate 3.6.0-22ubuntu2
libatlas3gf-base/jaunty uptodate 3.6.0-22ubuntu2

Previously I had built my own umfpack and swig libraries. This time I
used the packaged versions from
libsuitesparse-3.2.0/jaunty uptodate 1:3.2.0-4ubuntu2
libsuitesparse-dev/jaunty uptodate 1:3.2.0-4ubuntu2
swig/jaunty uptodate 1.3.36-1ubuntu2

Commands used to build were simply

python setup.py build --fcompiler=gnu95 install

Many thanks,

Niall.