[SciPy-dev] NumPy User Guide table of contents

Andrew Hawryluk HAWRYLA at novachem.com
Fri Aug 21 16:37:14 EDT 2009

This is very helpful - thanks for putting it together. I only have a few
builds:

- section 3.5 "Modifying contents of arrays" may need a different name,
since the array methods (sum, min, max, ...) don't modify any array
contents and the ufuncs don't have to either. Maybe "Manipulating array
data" or "Calculations with array data" or "Number crunching". On second
thought, "Number crunching" is probably a poor choice for non-native
readers.

- should section 3.8 "Working with different types of data" be placed
earlier in the array basics? Could it be merged into 3.2 "Storing data
in arrays"?

Cheers,
Andrew