[SciPy-dev] draft: NumPy User Guide introduction

Andrew Hawryluk HAWRYLA at novachem.com
Thu Aug 20 18:53:34 EDT 2009

Maybe I'll put both versions in, so the new reader is aware that they both exist right away.
Travis' book indicates preference for array methods in section 4.4 (Functions redundant with methods):

"It is not recommended that these functions
be used in new programs, but there are no plans for removing them as in functional
form they work with arbitrary sequences which is sometimes desirable."

Andrew