[SciPy-dev] Plea for help

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Thu Aug 20 09:50:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to respectfully request that we move any discussion of what
to do with the numpy.char module to the numpy list.

I'm a little concerned about some of the assumptions that are being
made about the number of users of the module.  I would also like to
better understand the reasons for wanting to dump it.  Let me be
clear.  I'm not opposed to change.  However breaking other people's
code just for the sake of change seems like a poor reason and a mean
thing to do to our customers.

Thank you for your time and help,
Chris

--