[SciPy-dev] Plea for help

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:55:18 EDT 2009

This module was created to provide backward compatibility with
numarray.  It's functionality is modeled after the numarray.strings
module.  You can find some online documentation for that module here:

http://stsdas.stsci.edu/numarray/numarray-1.5.html/node42.html

I believe that this module should be kept as part of numpy.  There are
going to be projects that ported their code from numarray to numpy
that depend on this module.

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley