[SciPy-dev] Optimization scikits (reloaded)

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:09:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've taken some time to extract the generic optimization framework
from the old openopt scikit. It's now available as
scikits.optimization.

I didn't start cleaning the tutorial on the trac website, perhaps it
could be done somewhere else (the new portal? my own blog?).
The next step is to fix the manifold learning sub-scikit so that it
uses the new location. Then, openopt will be removed from the svn.

I don't know if I'mm be able to put much in developing new modules,
but who knows? Maybe one day I'll have to use it for my work...
If you have any questions, fill free to ask me.

Matthieu Brucher
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/