[SciPy-dev] change print statements to print functions in docstrings

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 21:39:49 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM, David Goldsmith<d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, I honestly didn't foresee my comments touching such a nerve; really now, turning this thread into a debate on the merits of IPython - well, that really should be a separate thread (at the very least), IMHO. :-)

I'm not discussing the merits of IPython, editors and shells are
mostly a taste question, and it's pretty useless to argue about taste.
There are users that like Eclipse and Idle and Spyder, and there are
users who like the commandline, Vims and Emacs and other things that I
only ever read about in newsgroups but never seen in real life. And
there are lots if others ....

I just wanted a rough idea of how "lonely" I am as one of the few
known Windows users. But we are pretty well treated with installers
and htmlhelp. (thanks to David and Pauli)

Josef