[SciPy-dev] stats.distributions.poisson loc parameter : is it wise ?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 18:37:07 EDT 2009

On Aug 6, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> It should be noted that the location parameter changes the support
> domain *as a consequence* of the above transformation. Changing the
> support domain (and holding everything else fixed) is not the defining
> characteristic of the location parameter.

Got the point. I'll make a mental note to mention that in the docs.

I'm switching to "meh" mode: I still think that allowing for the shift
can lead to some troubles on the user, and I'd be in favor to modify
_fix_loc_scale or something like that to force loc=0 on discrete
distributions with support on positive integers, but I'll certainly
not lose any sleep other that...
In any case, thx a lot to y'all for your comments.