[SciPy-dev] Two Marathon questions

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 15:46:27 EDT 2009

Thanks for your reply, Pierre.

--- On Wed, 8/5/09, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2009, at 1:33 PM, David Goldsmith wrote:
>
> > 1) Is there anyone "in-the-know" who feels that
> reading "numpy-docs/
> > reference/routines.ma.rst" (as it is now) is
> *insufficient*
> > preparation for assisting w/ the Masked Array
> docstrings; or, put
> > another way, feels that if one is not at least
> "well-practiced"
> > using masked arrays, then one should not touch their
> docstrings?
>
> Mmh. Can't really tell. Experience with masked arrays is
> certainly a
> prerequisite, but one shouldn't need to be an expert.
> Nevertheless, I'd be obliged if anybody willing to edit the
> MA
> docstrings could contact me beforehand w/ questions.

Well, for example, I have experience *masking* arrays in IDL, but not in Numpy, and not using an object-oriented model.  Nevertheless, I'd be happy to ask you q's...

I'll finish the uncategorized docstrings I feel comfortable with (e.g., *not* distutils), and then help w/ any remaining MA's.

Others, of course, do as thou willst, modulo Pierre's request.

Thanks again!

DG