[SciPy-dev] SciPy Foundation

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:45:32 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 14:41, Gael
Varoquaux<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> I fully agree with your analysis Robert.
>
> I had this discussion with Eric, and he did mention that it would be
> useful if the name was reminiscent of 'SciPy', because it is a higly
> visible name.
>
> Should we have a BOF on that at the SciPy conference? Mailing list
> discussions tend to go in a circle.

We could get a bikeshed, some paint, and some brushes. Everyone who
wants to contribute an idea must paint it on the bikeshed.

I like it.

Anyways, it could probably even be called the SciPy Foundation as long
as the introductory material was very explicit about its relationship
to scipy-the-package and the founding members use language carefully.
Tricky, but doable.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."