[SciPy-dev] Should ndimage.measurements.* should return lists if index is a list?

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at broad.mit.edu
Sun Apr 19 10:31:13 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 09:55, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus at yale.edu> wrote:
>> I don't believe so.  I considered that, but there have to be some
>> changes made to the C code to handle empty lists and better error
>> checking, so figured I'd keep most of the changes in the same file.
>
> I figured the wrapper could could just not even bother calling into C
> in the case of an empty list? But in any case, additional error
> checking is good.

I'll take a deeper look at the whole thing, and write up a new patch.
You can probably hold off reviewing the old one, Zach.  I will
probably move the index/result agreement to python, as long as I'm
making significant changes.

I don't think the label & index arguments need to handle arbitrary
types (so no complex, object, or string arrays).  However, the code
could be written to do so.  Opinions?

Ray Jones