[SciPy-dev] 0.8.0.dev5656 test_pbdv bug

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Apr 13 17:17:19 EDT 2009

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:38:04 +0200, Xavier Gnata wrote:
> This bug is still present in 0.8.0.dev5656:
[clip]
> A bug free testsuite is a very important item to advertise scipy in a
> industrial context. Could someone help me to kill this old bug?
> (ubuntu 64bits).

If you want to help, the first step in fixing special.pbdv would be to
write improved tests for it; just edit test_basic.py to add relevant
tests, and do

	svn diff test_basic.py > test-special-pbdv.patch

and attach the patch to the corresponding Trac ticket:

	http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/803

Tests for checking the function values at a couple of special points and
around "difficult points" (singularities, zeros) would be useful for us.

--
Pauli Virtanen