[SciPy-dev] integrate.dop w/ setupscons and r5642

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:52:59 EDT 2009

All,
I just tried to compile scipy using setupscons.py on a virtual
environment in MacOSX (10.5.6, gcc 4.2). Works quite OK, except for  a
surprise:
the content of the scipy/integrate directory in the site-package is
such:
__init__.py             info.py
libodepack.a            odepack.py
quadrature.py           setupscons.py
__init__.pyc            info.pyc
libquadpack.a           odepack.pyc
quadrature.pyc          setupscons.pyc
_odepack.so             liblinpack_lite.a
ode.py                  quadpack.py
setup.py                tests
_quadpack.so            libmach.a
ode.pyc                 quadpack.pyc
setup.pyc               vode.so

When compiled w/ the standard setup.py in an another virtual
environment, it is such:
__init__.py     _odepack.so     dop.so          info.pyc
ode.pyc         odepack.pyc     quadpack.pyc    quadrature.pyc
setup.pyc       setupscons.pyc  vode.so
__init__.pyc    _quadpack.so    info.py         ode.py
odepack.py      quadpack.py     quadrature.py   setup.py
setupscons.py   tests

Looks like some static libraries are not grouped into dop.so when
compiling w/ setupscons, which causes problems down the road
(integrate.dop can't be imported).

Does anybody observe that, or is it just me being tired and having
missed something ?

Thx a lot in advance for any comment,
P.