[SciPy-dev] Why does scipy set numpy to ignore all FPU exceptions ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 02:43:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

It took me a while to find this; I wanted to check some underflow in
some code by using seterr(under = "raise"), but I found that it did
not work in my project while working in ipython. I found out that
scipy is the culprit:

_num.seterr(all='ignore')

Why was this set ? I may be missing something (Travis must had a
reason to set it; the log mentions some tests issues), but this does
not seem right to me, since this means that if you import scipy after
having used seterr, you lose your settings.

cheers,