[SciPy-dev] building binary installers

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Sep 14 23:48:50 EDT 2008

Nathan Bell wrote:

> An unoptimized blas/lapack is sufficient for our usage.  Should I then
> place the netlib blas and lapack in my source tree somewhere?  If so,
> is there an example of how to make the build scripts compile and link
> the library?

To build blas and lapack with mingw, you could use the tools I use for
numpy/scipy, in svn:

http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/vendor (Note that this is in the root of
svn, not in a branch or something).

The build scripts are really hackish for now, but the idea is that each
configuration (sse, sse2, no sse) is driven by a configuration file
given to the build script.

python tools/build.py tools/nosse.cfg

Should build blas and lapack correctly. I know I just said that you
don't need cygwin, but those scripts work only on cygwin I think, sorry
for the confusion.

Then, you put those libraries somewhere (I usually reproduce the Unix
convention: C:\local\lib, C:\local\include, etc... Avoiding space in
path is a good idea generally), and you set the site.cfg file inside
numpy/PyAMG/etc... sources as following:

[DEFAULT]
library_dir=C:\local\lib

cheers,

David