[SciPy-dev] numpy.distuils question

Uwe Schmitt uschmitt at mineway.de
Thu Sep 4 08:54:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks to the document team I managed to write a setup.py file which
builds an extension module with f2py.
My problem is to install further Python files.

My directory looks like this:

    setup.py
    module.pyf
    module.f
    my_new_package/
        __init__.py
        modulewrapper.py

the modulewrapper loads module.pyd.

setup.py looks like this:

    def configuration(parent_package='',top_path=None):
        from numpy.distutils.misc_util import Configuration
        config = Configuration('my_new_package',parent_package,top_path)

        config.add_extension('module',
                             sources = ['module.pyf', 'module.f']
                 )

        return config

    if __name__ == "__main__":
        from numpy.distutils.core import setup
        setup(**configuration(top_path='').todict())

How do I have to change/extend setup.py ?

Greetings, Uwe

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt
F&E Mathematik

mineway GmbH
Science Park 2
D-66123 Saarbrücken

Telefon: +49 (0)681 8390 5334
Telefax: +49 (0)681 830 4376

uschmitt at mineway.de
www.mineway.de

Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Mathias Bauer
Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 12339