[SciPy-dev] Is it ok to start a signal/speech toolbox in scikits ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Sep 2 22:59:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

    I know there is no formal process, but just wanted to check whether
anyone would be against starting a speech/signal toolbox in scikits. The
idea is to provide things which where in my sandbox before, but are
relatively general (lpc, music and other high resolution methods
available in matlab signal toolbox), as well as more speech oriented
stuff (mfcc, etc...). The code would be as much BSD as possible, so that
some of it may be included in scipy later if deemed useful.

cheers,

David