[SciPy-dev] Renaming fftpack to fft, removing backends

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Oct 31 16:42:28 EDT 2008

2008/10/31 Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu>:
> There are also a number of other API cleanups that I would like to see
> before a 1.0 release.
>
> Thoughts? Ideas?

I agree with the sentiments of your post.  As for the SciPy API, I
would prefer if we took a different route than we did with NumPy, and
made an explicit effort to review each part of the API before freezing
it, rather than simply waiting for development to "stabilise".  I was
very pleased with the recent discussions around scipy.spatial -- that
was a good example of how an API should be determined!

Regards
Stéfan