[SciPy-dev] Of use and abuse of sphinx's math directive

nicky van foreest vanforeest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:53:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

Suppose for later uses you want to export the documentation to some
format (e.g. latex, mediawiki (?) ) in which you like to make the
difference explicit between n and $n$. This would entail a lot of
searching. As an anecdote, Knuth used to write 1 rather than $1$. When
he developped the Euler font with Zapf, it turned out that 1 had a
different appearance than $1$. Knuth is Knuth, so he changed in all 1,
2, \ldots in one of his books that used the Euler font to $1$, $2$,
etc.

bye

Nicky