[SciPy-dev] cython in scipy?

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:37:37 EDT 2008

2008/10/11 Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu>:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Writing Cython code is fine with me.  I think you should check in the
>>> generated C, though.
>>
>> It would probably be better to check in both so that the .pyx file could be
>> used for fixes or a template for other functions.
>
> +1, I meant check in the generated C in addition to the cython code.

In the event, I checked in the C, the pyx, and the python it was based
on. I may end up moving the code around, since the von Mises CDF is
actually some sort of incomplete Bessel function and since if my code
were in scipy.special it might be easier to get at compiled versions
of i0 and erf (and therefore provide an entirely compiled function
without the gruesome vectorization).

Anne