[SciPy-dev] cython in scipy?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:12:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 03:06, Robin <robince at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 02:58, Robin <robince at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It might be as simple as changing Pyrex to Cython in the import.
>>
>> Not really. This isn't a standalone package where we can do things like that.
>
> Sorry - I meant in Anne's non-working example that Fernando originally
> gave, the fix to get it working might be as simple as changing "from
> Pyrex.Distutils" to "from Cython.Distutils"...
>
> Not sure what you think I meant... :)

I thought you were talking about Anne's actual problem, which is using
Cython inside scipy.stats. The errors referring to Pyrex come from
inside numpy.distutils, which already has code to handle .pyx files as
Pyrex, not Cython files. Even if you fix the example, the actual
problem isn't solvable like that.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."