[SciPy-dev] Reverting eigh code ?

Tiziano Zito opossumnano at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 04:51:28 EST 2008

I have added the code for eigh. The corresponding fortran wrappers
have been running without any problems since 6 years in symeig. symeig
has been dowloaded more than 1000 times since its first appearence and
the MDP package (more than 11000 dowloads) depends on it. No bug has
been reported regarding symeig in 6 years.
I feel responsible for the eigh code, so if someone cares to submit a
proper bug report, or a link to a scipy ticket, I would be glad to
also have a look at it. It may be an issue with proper "lwork" size if
using a LAPACK+ATLAS compiled on a different machine to that where the
code is running.
Before submitting the code, I tested it on a debian lenny + system
lapack and atlas, on a windows XP with manually compiled atals 3.8 and
lapack 3.1, and on a MacOsX with enthought python distribution.
Is there a buildbot that we can use for such cases?

tiziano