[SciPy-dev] Preparing to tag 0.7.0b1 in 1 week

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 16 18:06:02 EST 2008

I would like to tag the 0.7.0b1 release on Saturday (11/23) night and
announce the beta on Monday (11/24).  If you know of any reason that
we should delay the first beta, please let me know ASAP.  If there is
anything that you were planning to commit before the beta, please let
me know.

All the tests--that aren't known failures or marked to be
skipped--pass on my computer.  I don't know of any major feature that
are waiting to be merged.

It would also be great if everyone could test the trunk.  Double check
to make sure there aren't any regressions.  We will be releasing the
beta on sourceforge with binaries for Windows and Mac.  I will also
announce the release on all the mailing lists.  I hope to have very
wide-spread testing of this beta, so we need to be fairly certain
there aren't any unknown regressions.

I have a few remaining tasks I would like to see taken care of before the beta:

  * review, fix, and apply the percentileofscore rewrite and close ticket 560:
    http://codereview.appspot.com/7913

  * work on release notes
    http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/doc

  * quickly review and bring up-to-date the scipy tutorial
    http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/tutorial/index.html

Please take a look at the release notes and let me know if you see
anything that needs to be changed or updated:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/milestone/0.7.0

Once we get the beta out we will focus even more on bugs and further
improving documentation.  Stefan is organizing another scipy sprint as
part of the Cape Town Python Users' Group for Saturday, November 29.
I will organize a Berkeley sprint as well.  So mark your calendars.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley