[SciPy-dev] complex-value remez?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:55:33 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles R Harris wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I see some posts from 2003 about complex remez.  Any news?
> >> http://osdir.com/ml/python.scientific.devel/2003-02/msg00008.html
> >>

> > That would be me. I have a python version sitting around somewhere and
> did
> > some experiments on the roundoff error for various implementations, but
> > haven't done much since because I haven't needed it except for the one
> > project.
> >
> > Chuck
>
> If it's usable I'd be very interested.

Mind, it wasn't a general case program, it just generated complex, Hermitean
coefficients for a filter whose passband could be specified right up to the
sampling frequency (twice the Nyquist). I used it to design a decimating
filter since the aliasing is much easier to deal with when the negative
frequencies aren't there.

Chuck