[SciPy-dev] scikit for dae

Benny Malengier benny.malengier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:08:57 EST 2008

2008/11/5 Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 07:06, Benny Malengier <benny.malengier at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > With all the talk of integration of new code and the difficulties
> involved,
> > I decided to rewrite my patch to scipy.integrate to add a dae solver, as
> > scikit instead: scikits.odes
> >
> > Is this acceptable?
>
> Absolutely.
>
> > If allowed as a scikit I could add some further backends
> > (I'm thinking of 2).
> > It would ease my hacking on it, allow collaboration, and enable more
> > extensive testing (only linux 64bit here). The code would be more
> accessible
> > too being available with easy_install, instead of a patch set.
> >
> > The patch is here: http://cage.ugent.be/~bm/progs.html<http://cage.ugent.be/%7Ebm/progs.html>
>
> We'll get you SVN access so you don't have to distribute this as a
> patch. In the meantime, can you turn this into a tarball? scikits is
> not a monolithic package. It's just a namespace. You don't have to
> patch the main scikits repository (or even *use* the main scikits
> repository) to provide a scikits package.

I created a zip :  http://cage.ugent.be/~bm/downloads/odes.zip

If possible I'd like to use a repository inside scikits. I understand I can
create a repository here and host the code there, but then I have to set up
all the infrastructure too (bugs, new logins, ...). Our admin is already
very busy, so I cannot offload issues with the server, .....
If SVN access is given to scikits, I can just commit from my end, you don't
have to set it up.

Benny