[SciPy-dev] scipy.stsci to scikits?

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Mon Nov 3 13:46:46 EST 2008

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> Christopher Hanley wrote:
>> Would there be any opposition is moving the scipy.stsci package to
>> scikits?  As a reminder, scipy.stsci contains the convolve and image
>> modules that were once distributed with numarray.  Thoughts? Opinions?
>
> I would be affected if ndimage were moved out of SciPy.
> It is not clear to me that you have this in mind when you
> mention the "image modules"?  If anything, I'd like to see
> ndimage move into NumPy.  Certainly not "out" into a scikit!
>
> Alan Isaac

Moving ndimage was not part of my plans.  Only what is currently under
the scipy.stsci namespace. There are two packages there right now.  One
is called "convolve", the other is "image".  Both are really geared
toward 2D arrays.

The ndimage package is under a completely different namespace.

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley
Senior Systems Software Engineer