[SciPy-dev] scipy.distance

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 2 12:16:31 EST 2008

Hey,

Damian Eads is joining the Berkeley sprint today and we were hoping to
make a change that was discussed at the SciPy conference and on the
list a few times.  As part of his hierarchical clustering work, Damian
wrote a module for a bunch of different distance functions:
http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/cluster/distance.py

This is obviously much more generic and useful than the domain of
clustering.  So we were proposing to make distance a top-level
subpackage called:
  scipy.distance

Before he made the change, I wanted to run it by the list one last
time and see if anyone had any thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley