[SciPy-dev] SciPy sprint in Stellenbosch today

G-J van Rooyen gvrooyen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 19:19:54 EDT 2008

OK, I post the ONLY because stefanv thought it was cool enough to send
to the dev list... :P

We had a SciPy sprint at the Stellenbosch University Media Lab today
(a new lab that is only a year old, focusing on next-generation web
tech). A number of new devs joined, including myself. Some had no
experience in open source dev, source control or unit testing at all,
and for them this was a great learning experience. If there's fizzy
sugary caffeiny drinks and pizza, the postgrads will come :)

Here's an animoto video and slideshow of the South African developers
strutting their stuff:

http://catpt.blogspot.com/2008/11/scipy-sprint-07-za.html

One of my colleages (cover pic to the video) was very impressed with
closing his first ticket!

Thanks for all the support, and we look forward to being involved in future!

G-J