[SciPy-dev] scikits.learn: manifold learning does not build

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed May 28 08:02:03 EDT 2008

2008/5/28 David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:

> David Cournapeau wrote:
> >
> > Did you try from a fresh svn checkout ?  It is easy to miss some trivial
> > mistakes when developing a package because some of the files do not
> > exist in svn but are only on your development tree (it happens to me all
> > the time).
> >

> Another problem is that matrix folder is not added to CPPPATH:

> building 'manifold_learning.compression.cost_function._cost_function'
> extension
> compiling C++ sources
> C compiler: g++ -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -fPIC
>
> compile options: '-Icompression
> -I/home/david/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
> -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c'
> g++: compression/cost_function/cost_function.cpp
> In file included from compression/cost_function/cost_function.cpp:2:
> compression/cost_function/modifiedCompression.h:12:31: error:
> matrix/matrix_lib.h: No such file or directory
> compression/cost_function/modifiedCompression.h:13:35: error:
> matrix/sub_matrix_lib.h: No such file or directory

I didn't find your error, in fact I do not have the same compiler options as
you have :

creating
build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/scikits/learn/machine/manifold_learning/compression
creating
build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/scikits/learn/machine/manifold_learning/compression/cost_function
compile options: '-Iscikits/learn/machine/manifold_learning
-I/home/brucher/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/python2.5 -c'
g++:
scikits/learn/machine/manifold_learning/compression/cost_function/cost_function.cpp

I have added the include folder in compression/setup.py with : include_dirs
= [os.path.dirname(__file__) + '/..'], and the matrix folder is in the
parent folder of compression. Perhaps should I add something like abspath()
?

Matthieu
--
French PhD student