[SciPy-dev] scikits.learn: manifold learning does not build

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed May 28 06:10:10 EDT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:

> Did you try from a fresh svn checkout ?  It is easy to miss some trivial
> mistakes when developing a package because some of the files do not
> exist in svn but are only on your development tree (it happens to me all
> the time).

Another problem is that matrix folder is not added to CPPPATH:

building 'manifold_learning.compression.cost_function._cost_function'
extension
compiling C++ sources
C compiler: g++ -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -fPIC

compile options: '-Icompression
-I/home/david/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/python2.5 -c'
g++: compression/cost_function/cost_function.cpp
In file included from compression/cost_function/cost_function.cpp:2:
compression/cost_function/modifiedCompression.h:12:31: error:
matrix/matrix_lib.h: No such file or directory
compression/cost_function/modifiedCompression.h:13:35: error:
matrix/sub_matrix_lib.h: No such file or directory

Once you fix this, feel free to re-enable manifold learning (but be sure
to fix this, because some people complained that machine.em and
machine.svm were broken before I disabled it)

cheers,

David