[SciPy-dev] cdflib wrapper - missing functions?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun May 18 17:33:34 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in cdf for non-central chi-square, to use for r.v.
> generation.  I noticed that scipy has cdflib, and I see cdflib has cumchf,
> which seems to be what I want.  It looks like cdflib_wrappers.c does not
> expose cumchf?

It's not exposed there because the Cephes library already provides it.
See scipy.special.chndtr*. For random number generation, though, you
should use numpy.random.noncentral_chisquare(). If you want all of
that bundled up into a distribution object, use scipy.stats.ncx2.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco