[SciPy-dev] Dropping djbfft ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue May 13 05:13:58 EDT 2008

eric jones wrote:

> How do 3rd party Linux version packagers ( Redhat, Ubuntu, Suse, etc)
> package SciPy?  Do they link against fftw or fftpack?

fftpack is always used (for real to real fft, for example), and
integrated in scipy. Ubuntu and debian link against fftw2. I don't know
about rpm-based distributions.

The code in the refactor_fft branch is now ready to split fftpack into
the parts which will stay in scipy (fftpack, djbfft ?) and the others,
which will go into a scikits. I will then work on the registration
system suggested by Robert, which should not be difficult to do.

cheers,

David