[SciPy-dev] returning string by f2py

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Tue Mar 11 10:45:04 EDT 2008

Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Tue, March 11, 2008 10:50 am, dmitrey wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>> I have modified bvls.f file to make it good enough to be connected to
>> scipy (add istop and msg - integer & string description of stop case).
>>
>> However, I always get same msg value that I pass to the routine (via
>> f2py).
>>
>> Could anyone check the modified bvls.f file?
>> http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/attachment/wiki/OOFiles/bvls.f
>>
>> (Or mb something should be modified in Python code?)
>>

> Can you give an example how to create the wrapper
> and how to you use it from Python? Until that I can only
> suggest using intent(out) for msg argument.
>
> Pearu

here's (same) test file attached; as for f2py I just use
f2py -c -m bvls bvls.f
I think it's better to have default f2py using (w/o any additional wrap
files like .pyf), and make all required changes in py-file that will
call compiled f-file. I intend to make it available immediately from
scikits.openopt LLSP webpage (for download and using from OO) and then
connect it to scipy.optimize (also w/o auxiliary wrapper files).
Currently it returns same values as have been passed: istop=0 and same msg.
Regards, D.