[SciPy-dev] Genetic algorithms in scipy/scikits

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 26 04:16:37 EDT 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:01:36 +0200
  "Matthieu Brucher" <matthieu.brucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nils,
>
> I've committed a patch that deactivates the SFINAE stuff
>for gcc <
> 4.1. I couldn't get my hand on a gcc 3.3, so could you
>check if it is
> working now ?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthieu

Hi Matthieu,

Works for me. Thank you very much !

I can't use ga and ann.

>>> from scikits.learn.machine import svm
/data/home/nwagner/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scikits/learn/machine/svm/__init__.py:70:
DeprecationWarning: NumpyTest will be removed in the next
release; please update your code to use nose or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
>>> from scikits.learn.machine import ga
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name ga
>>> from scikits.learn.machine import em
/data/home/nwagner/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py:370:
UserWarning: matplotlibrc text.usetex can not be used with
*Agg backend unless dvipng-1.5 or later is installed on
your system
   warnings.warn( 'matplotlibrc text.usetex can not be
used with *Agg '
/data/home/nwagner/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scikits/learn/machine/em/__init__.py:13:
DeprecationWarning: NumpyTest will be removed in the next
release; please update your code to use nose or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
>>> from scikits.learn.machine import manifold_learning
>>> from scikits.learn.machine import ann
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name ann

Nils