[SciPy-dev] BayesNet SciKit

Gouws, Almero <14366037@sun.ac.za> 14366037 at sun.ac.za
Tue Jun 24 04:48:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am a masters student currently working on a port of Kevin P. Murphy's
Matlab toolbox, FullBNT, to Python. The code is not yet available in a
public repository, because I would like it to match or surpass
the functionality of the openbayes toolbox before making it available.

Here's a list of what is currently working:

-Static Bayesian Networks:
 -Nodes:
  - Mutinomial nodes:
   - (Sequential) Bayesian parameter updating from complete data.
   - Maximum liklihood parameter estimation from complete data.
   - Maximum likelihood parameter estimation with missing values (EM)
   - Greedy K2 structure learning.

  - Gaussian nodes:
   - Maximum liklihood parameter estimation from complete data.

 - Inference Engines:
  - Junction tree inference engine
    - Works for Multinomial and Guassian nodes.

Thanks
Almero Gouws