[SciPy-dev] Enhancements was Re: 0.7 release schedule

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:06:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:56 PM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

>    Would you mind taking a look at all bugs for 0.7 milestone related
> to scipy.sparse; in particular, if you can't work quickly on
> enhancements, I think pushing them for 0.8 should be fine. Since scipy
> has not seen a release for a long time, I think we should focus primary
> on bug fixes, specially for scipy.sparse which has seen so much
> development since 0.6 thanks to you and others,

I've pushed the enhancements forward to the 0.8 milestone.

I don't know if/when I'll have time to resolve the remaining tickets
in sparse.linalg, but I would feel comfortable releasing it in its
current state.

Before attacking ticket #553 we should probably update our SuperLU
code in sparse.linalg.dsolve.  The version we have [2] is older than
but the most recent SuperLU 3.0 release [3].

[1] http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/553
[2] http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/sparse/linalg/dsolve/SuperLU/README
[3] http://crd.lbl.gov/~xiaoye/SuperLU/

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com