[SciPy-dev] 0.7 release schedule

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:19:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:15 PM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> My understanding is that a new scipy is released shortly after numpy.
> But no discussion has happened, and the bug list is long (180 bugs). I
> would say, but that's only my opinion, that unless scipy 0.6 cannot work
> with current numpy (1.1), it should not happen without more work (at
> least some bug triaging to see blockers).

Well, 180 tickets sounds like a lot until you consider that most if
not all of them probably exist in 0.6 as well.  Not to mention the 86
tickets that have been fixed in 0.7 and the fact that perhaps 50 of
the remaining tickets are enhancements and tasks.

IMO we should address the any blockers now and get 0.7 out ASAP.  Nine
months is too long to wait for new features/fixes to appear.

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/