[SciPy-dev] 0.7 release schedule

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 19 23:15:03 EDT 2008

Nathan Bell wrote:
> Is there a plan to get SciPy 0.7 out the door?  Numerous improvements
> have been made since the release of 0.6, which was 9 months ago.
> Whatever the faults of the current SVN (e.g. unittest that have been
> broken for over a month), are they not now preferable to those in 0.6?
>
> A release now would be helpful to those who want to use SciPy in the
> classroom this fall.

My understanding is that a new scipy is released shortly after numpy.
But no discussion has happened, and the bug list is long (180 bugs). I
would say, but that's only my opinion, that unless scipy 0.6 cannot work
with current numpy (1.1), it should not happen without more work (at
least some bug triaging to see blockers).

cheers,

David