[SciPy-dev] numpy doc wiki question -- where is numpy.ma?

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Wed Jun 18 15:11:22 EDT 2008

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:48:55 -0700, Andrew Straw wrote:
>
>> Sorry if I'm missing something, but where are the docstrings for
>> numpy.ma at the scipy documentation editor? I don't see any reference to
>> them at
>> http://sd-2116.dedibox.fr/pydocweb/doc/numpy/
>>

> It's here:
>
>     http://sd-2116.dedibox.fr/pydocweb/doc/numpy.ma/
>
> It's was hidden from the numpy page, as numpy.ma is not in numpy.__all__.
> (Right now I'm not sure whether this is sensible behavior...)

Well, I don't have an opinion about whether it should be in __all__ (I
never use from numpy import *), but it is certainly an "available
subpackage" of numpy, so it should at least go in the list on that page.
Since that page is a view of the top-level docstring for numpy, I think
this is all the more important. Are there other subpackages in this
netherworld?

-Andrew