[SciPy-dev] {Num, Sci}Py on 64bit Intel Macs with icc, ifort, mkl

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 23:26:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 05:34, Ulrik Günther
<ulrik at 42degreesoffreedom.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Jun 15, 2008, at 12:31 AM, Robert Kern wrote:
>> It needs to be solved elsewhere. Why does modifying
>> .../fcompiler/gnu.py affect compiling C modules with Intel C
>> compilers?
> You're of course right, that's what I forgot to write in my mail: The
> patch fixes the same problem I have with the Intel
> compiler on my PPC notebook. There, the .so also don't get the -
> undefined dynamic_lookup flag. So is that patch okay
> for this case?

I don't know because you haven't described the problem at all.

 1. What package are you trying to compile that fails? Include the
version number or SVN revision.
 2. What part of that failed? Please copy-and-paste the build log
along with the command-line that started the build as well as the
contents of any setup.cfg or ~/.pydistutils.cfg files that you are
using.
 3. What version of numpy are you using?
 4. What (relevant) compilers are you using?
   a. What are their version numbers?
   b. Where did you get the compiler binaries from?
 5. Which version of OS X are you using?
 6. Which version of Python are you using?
   a. Where did you get the Python binary from? E.g. www.python.org,
Apple's builtin Python, MacPorts, Fink, built-it-yourself.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco