[SciPy-dev] Namespaces in documentation

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Jun 3 19:44:33 EDT 2008

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.  I have updated the documentation
standard to reflect the way we'll be using the shorthand forms from
now on.

Bruce: I have added a section to the numpy main docstring to address
your concerns.

Joe: N1 is not a concern, since we still explicitly import modules
like fft.  As for N2: we encourage that users use ``np`` both in
interactive and scripting modes.

Fernando: thank you for the profile.  I refer to it in the main docstring.

Robert: sorry for annoying you, but it's over now.

We've sorted out the problem that kept us from editing for the past
two days: all systems go!

Cheers
Stéfan