[SciPy-dev] NumPy 1.2.0 and SciPy 0.7.0 schedule

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 25 10:28:40 EDT 2008

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Does the release schedule of SciPy look the same then?  I.e. do we
> release 0.7rc1 on the same day as 1.2.0rc1?  Or does SciPy only get a
> single release?

It depends on what we want for scipy 0.7. I don't think it is realistic
to expect to close most bugs for 0.7 at that time.  Some bugs are not
trivial, and some require a lot of work. There are also some new
packages which did not build cleanly up to recently (stats.models ?).

Generally, I am a bit worried by the amount of new code in scipy: there
was a bit too much new functionality since 0.6 IMHO. What about
releaseing a 0.7 at the same time as numpy 1.2, and then focusing more
on bug fixing/API consolidation in 0.8 ?

cheers,

David