[SciPy-dev] scikits binaries, tarballs, etc...

Matt Knox mattknox_ca at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:58:25 EST 2008

Has there been any decisions / discussion regarding a standard location for
distributing binaries, tarballs, docs, etc... for various scikits? I see that
the mlabwrap scikit has a sourceforge page, and the openopt scikit has a file
attached to the wiki page.

I would tend to lean towards having a unified sourceforge (or equivalent) page
for scikits (similar to what the mingw project has for example:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435).

Also, while I'm on the topic of scikits... the first line of the scikits front
page (http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki) says "This is a wiki meant for the
"hard-hat" area of the SciPy? ToolKits?." To me this makes it sound like a "sand
box" or play ground of sorts, which isn't necessarily reflective of all the
scikits (well, maybe it is reflective of the current state somewhat, but
probably won't be in the future). I'd vote for just chopping off that leading
sentence completely because I don't think getting rid of it makes things less
clear - and in fact makes it clearer from my point of view.

- Matt