[SciPy-dev] numpy upgrade for enthon next version

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Wed Feb 20 03:16:08 EST 2008

hi all,
does anyone know when numpy 0.9.x from latest enthon release will be
updated to something more up-to-date?
I'm asking because scikits.openopt don't work with the numpy version
mentioned, because it fails with "can't import abs from numpy". I think
there's rather lot number of people who tried using openopt but turned
away to something else because fail to install & run it with Windows +
enthon. BTW, I had tried to install more recent numpy version by myself
and some errors were obtained, so I guess an ordinary user will
futhermore fail as well and switch to something else. (mb scons will
simplify the process in future).
I guess it's valid not only for openopt but for lots of other
numpy-related soft (at least, using numpy.abs()) as well.
Regards, D.