[SciPy-dev] David's build_with_scons branch merged!

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 8 05:31:43 EST 2008

Hello,

In preparation for the upcoming NumPy 1.0.5 release, I just merged
David Cournapeau's build_with_scons branch:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/4773

The current build system using numpy.distutils is still the default.
NumPy does not include numscons; this merge adds scons support to
numpy.distutils, provides some scons scripts, and modifies the
configuration of numpy/core.  David has extensively tested these
changes and I did a very quick sanity check to make sure I didn't
completely break everything.

Obviously, we will need to push back the 1.0.5 release date again to
ensure that there is sufficient testing.  So please test these changes
and let us know if you have any problems (or successes).

David has been putting in a considerable effort over the last several
months in developing numscons.  If you are interested in the
advantages to Davids approach, please read the description here:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/NumpyScons

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman