[SciPy-dev] help with xplot->matplotlib translation

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:41:23 EST 2008

stats.morestats contains several function creating plots with xplot

    if plot is not None:
        try:
            import scipy.xplt as xplt
            xplt.limits()
        except: pass
        plot.plot(svals, ppcc, 'x')
        plot.title('(%s) PPCC Plot' % dist)
        plot.xlabel('Prob Plot Corr. Coef.'),deltay=-0.01)
        plot.ylabel('Shape Values'),deltax=-0.01)
        try: plot.expand_limits(5)
        except: pass

I would like to translate this to using plot=matplotlib.pylab, but I
don't know anything about xplt and I am not very good with matplotlib.

So, if someone familiar with these, can provide a translation for
xplt.limits(), deltay=-0.01, deltax and expand_limits, then I could
fix these bugs without hunting documentation for hours. If I delete
deltay and deltax, then the function works, but I don't know if I get
the indended graph.

Thank you,

Josef