[SciPy-dev] scipy.test() abruptly quits on scipy svn 0.7.0.dev5241

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:08:04 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Peter Norton
<spacey-scipy-dev at lenin.net> wrote:

> So I've gone back to scipy + numpy being built with sun's CC and using
> libsunperf and numscons. And David, kudos to you because in the past
> this was quite difficult. The current SVN head built with only one
> minor error, that is the dreaded "o" command being invoked instead of
> "CC -o". I've written a wrapper, and this is easier because it now
> only seems to get invoked for c++ code.

Grr, I thought I fixed this problem for good. This is a really
annoying deficiency of scons (calling non existing tool).

> Anyway the same essential crash is still happening:

The fact that is happens with both ATLAS and libsunperf is good news
in a way: it would indicate that there is an problem in the scipy
code, and not with the build :) I think valgrind complains a few times
during the test suite run in the sparse code, so this may be related.
Could you rerun the test suite with test(verbose=10) so that we know
which test crashes ?

David