[SciPy-dev] tagging 0.7rc1 this weekend?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 02:09:49 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Tiziano Zito <opossumnano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to get 0.7.0 out ASAP.  Is there any objection to tagging
>> a release candidate this weekend?  Are there any major regressions or
>> release blockers that I should be aware of?
>>

> well, what about
> #800 : numpy's test_poly1d_nan_roots is broken if scipy.linalg is imported
> #243: linalg.qr to take mode argument
> both have one or more fixes possible, a decision is needed.

The fix will not be in 0.7, but in 0.8. 0.7 will only warn that the
API will change in 0.8. I will close/update the other tickets
according to your comments, thanks for the help.

I will need to find a fix for scipy to work on machines without SSE,
too, I am not sure about the best way to solve it (the problem is in
numpy.distutils, so I may need to do something dirty to circumvent
it).

cheers,

David