[SciPy-dev] scipy sandbox going, going, gone....

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 14 19:37:17 EDT 2008

Hey,

In preparation for the 0.7.0 beta release, I am going to remove
scipy.sandbox.  We are approaching 8 months since it was decided to
remove it.  If you are interested in why the sandbox was created and
why it is being removed, please read this:
http://jarrodmillman.blogspot.com/2007/12/end-of-scipy-sandbox.html

Most of the sandbox code has all ready been moved somewhere else, but
there is still some code that remains.  So my plan is to create a
branch called sandbox from the trunk on Saturday.  I will then remove
the sandbox from the trunk.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman